Impact Hero Program Officer
Over a three year period, Earth Company holistically supports change-makers in the Asia Pacific with tremendous passion and potential for systemic change. Earth Company calls them Impact Heroes and fully commits to their life and professional journeys.
Our Impact Heroes dedicate their lives to fight ? on behalf of their communities ? against poverty, violations, and injustices. They exist to bring rainbows to the people they serve. In short, our Impact Heroes are rainbow warriors.
Similarly, we at Earth Company would like to think of ourselves as a team of rainbow warriors who fight for and with the Impact Heroes.
We know that the Impact Heroes’ struggles can be extremely lonely. As role models and sources of hope for their own communities, expectations can be overwhelming. Oftentimes, they face opposition forces that prefer to maintain the status quo and keep injustices in place.
We understand this reality, and that’s why we exist. We do everything in our capacity to maximize the potential of the Impact Heroes and help deliver their impact as deeply and widely as possible. We have seen firsthand how such an all-in approach brings real and lasting changes to the Impact Heroes’ work.
Earth Company is now recruiting for a program officer who will be at the frontline of this meaningful, transformative, and challenging work with and for our Impact Heroes. Are you such a rainbow warrior? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Engagement level, work environment, and remuneration
- We expect the program officer to work full-time (100%) in our Ubud office, located at Mana Earthly Paradise.
- Earth Company’s remuneration rate is competitive in the nonprofit/social enterprise sector in Indonesia.
- Earth Company will arrange to issue an Indonesia work visa for the successful candidate.
- Supporting Earth Company’s Impact Heroes
- Deliver tailor-made support to the Impact Heroes based on the guidelines and other established processes
- Regularly communicate with the Impact Heroes to understand their needs and progress
- Proactively connect Impact Heroes with other people, organizations, and opportunities, particularly potential funders and media agencies.
- Provide management coaching to the Impact Heroes so that they can better manage and lead their organizations.
- Work closely with the marketing team to report to donors and supporters on Earth Company’s impact to our Impact Heroes’ activities and beneficiaries.
- Other tasks as requested by management
- Build partnerships with companies and foundations willing to support Earth Company
- Contribute to grant proposal development related to the Impact Hero program
- Contribute to Earth Company’s other programs including Impact Bali and Impact Consulting
- 3-5 years of professional experience in international development, business consulting, or other relevant fields
- University degree in a relevant discipline; master’s degree is preferred
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- Advanced computer skills with fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- A can-do and collaborative mind set. Comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment, particularly in a start-up like workplace
How to apply
- Applications deadline: 15 March 2020, 11pm Bali time.
- Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].